What to ask yourself before choosing to call a Birmingham oven repair or a replacement company
When your oven breaks your first question is most likely to be “what is this going to cost me”. Unfortunately, the cost very much depends on what the problem is and whether it can be fixed or need replacing. You might also begin wondering if the repair is going to cost more than you are willing to pay to save your old cooker. Before you make any decisions, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is your cooker still under warranty? If so, you may not have to pay anything to get it fixed.
- How old is your oven? The average life of an oven is 10-15 years. If its 15 years old or more, it may be coming to the end of its life cycle and might be worth replacing.
- How much will the repair cost? You may not know an exact answer to this, especially if you’re not sure what’s wrong with your oven, but you can call a professional to get an idea before making your decision.
- How much money do you have to spend? If you need to get your oven working as cheaply as possible, a repair is most likely going to be the most cost-effective method. Unless your oven is badly damaged and needs numerous repairs, or the repair it needs is going to be particularly expensive.
- Do you need a different cooker? For example, do you need a bigger oven or a more energy-efficient cooker?
- Could you make changes to the way you maintain your appliance to extend its life if you do get it repaired?
After asking these questions, you might find that you would like to upgrade your current oven, and therefore you can begin looking for a replacement. Or you might have realised that repairing your oven is the better option for your situation.
Benefits to calling a Birmingham cooker repair company, Repairing your oven is usually the best option, for many reasons.
- If your oven is 15 years old or less, the likelihood is it will be much cheaper for you to repair your oven, than it would be to replace it. Parts are inexpensive and they are often easy to get hold of.
- Oven repairs are usually quick and easy. In most cases, ovens are fixed within as little as an hour, with many Birmingham oven repair companies offering a same day service. Whereas buying an installing a new cooker will take much longer.
- Repairing and continuing to use your oven is better for the environment than buying a new one. Appliances are not easily recycled.
If you choose to call a Birmingham cooker repair company, choose one that does not charge a call-out fee. Ideally, a company that will give you a free, no-obligation quote and won’t charge you anything if they are unable to fix the problem. From this, you’ll get a good idea as to how much the repair will cost and whether it’s worth fixing your oven.
The opinion of a professional Birmingham cooker repair and replacement company
Oven RepairsRus are specialists in both repairing and replacing cookers and ovens, we have years of experience. In our opinion, it is always worth trying to fix your cooker first, replacing it should only be a last measure. Why? Because believe it or not, ovens usually aren’t that expensive or difficult to fix, especially when you hire a professional.
What’s more, with a professional cooker repair company, like Oven RepairsRus, you will also benefit from:
- A no call-out charge.
- No hidden costs.
- A guarantee for all repairs.
- Genuine parts to replace your cooker.
- A fully insured and qualified professional able to fix cookers in all makes and models.
- 99% of repairs completed in one visit (specific to Oven RepairsRus)
For more information, or to discuss whether your oven needs repairing or replacing, call us now on 07813 047 557. Or message us through our contact form